You all know how much I love to bake… well you better since I say it ALL the time. haha!
And, though it’s one of my favorite activities, I don’t always have a lot of time to create something that takes hours to prepare. Ok, I rarely have time to spend hours in my kitchen so when I come across a quick and easy, yet tasty recipe, I just HAVE to share.
In between work I like to hop on Pinterest and take a look around. You’ve probably seen some of my pins. hehee! Well, on a recent visit I came across a recipe created by the lovely Bakerella and I was quite intrigued. That recipe… Peach Crunch Cake.
This ‘cake’ is unlike any other I’ve ever baked. Why? Because it contains just 5 simple ingredients and there’s no mixing involved.
Here’s the recipe in it’s entirety…
Peach Crunch Cake ~ Super Easy & Delicious!
Recipe type: Dessert,Cake,Cobbler
- 24.5 oz jar of sliced peaches in light syrup (I used a 29 oz. can)
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup), cut into 16 pieces
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Layer ingredients in a 13 X 9 dish, in order of the ingredients list, starting with the peaches. First, cut the peaches into smaller pieces to distribute them more evenly.
- Next, sprinkle the dry cake mix atop the peaches, making sure it's evenly spread across the whole pan.
- Line the pats of butter across the top of the cake mix in even rows.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the butter. And finally, sprinkle the top layer with chopped walnuts.
- Bake for about 40 minutes. This smells amazing when it's finished!
- Serve warm or cold… with or without ice cream.
- We opted for an ala mode version with vanilla ice cream and it was AHH-mazing!!! I will be making this again and again. We loved it. How can something THIS easy taste SO good?
- Top image and recipe source – Bakerella
© 2012, Dee @ Bella Savvy. All rights reserved.